How does the shuttle service function?
A new shuttle service will allow train passengers to continue their trip to Gaspé (round trip). These shuttles are only available upon reservation.
Purchase your train and shuttle service tickets together on the VIA Rail website or by telephone at 1 888 VIA-RAIL.
When you purchase your VIA Rail train ticket, just enter the name of one of the municipalities on the Gaspé Peninsula where the shuttle stops and then purchase your train ticket and shuttle ticket at the same time.
Please arrive at the stop 20 minutes in advance and have your previously purchased shuttle and train tickets on hand.
When will this service be available?
The shuttle from Gaspé to Campbellton (train to Quebec and Montreal) will be available on the following dates:
- Every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday between December 20 and January 5th.
The shuttle from Campbellton to Gaspé (train from Quebec and Montreal) will be available on the following dates:
- Every Thursday, Saturday and Monday between December 20 and January 5th.
Note : On the 22nd and 26th of December, the departure of the train is 1 hour earlier. The shuttle will leave Gaspé at 14:30 instead of 15:30.
Where will the shuttles stop?
The bus shuttle service will depart from the Campbellton train station (New Brunswick) and will stop at the following locations:
- Nouvelle: Dépanneur Pharillon 2000 (131 Route 132 East)
- Carleton-sur-Mer: Dépanneur Pétro-Canada (549 Perron Boulevard)
- New Richmond: Tim Hortons (148 Route 132 West)
- Caplan: Garage Esso Rivière Caplan (301 Perron Boulevard West)
- Bonaventure: Dépanneur Irving Couche-Tard (102 Avenue Port-Royal)
- New Carlisle: Dépanneur Pétro-Canada (200 Boulevard Gérard-D.-Lévesque)
- Port-Daniel: Restaurant l’Étale (542 Route 132)
- Chandler: Dépanneur Irving Couche-Tard (519 Boulevard René-Lévesque West)
- Grande-Rivière: Restaurant Le Coq d’Or (1173 Grande-Allée East)
- Cap d’espoir : Pétro-Canada – Marché Richelieu (1359 route 132)
- Barachois : Magasin général Thompson (1083 Route 132)
- Gaspé: Dépanneur Irving Couche-Tard (31 Boulevard York East)
The RÉGÎM shuttles that are synchronized with the train schedule apply the same baggage policy as VIA Rail, with the exception of oversized objects which are not accepted aboard the shuttles.
For more information, visit the VIA Rail website or call 1 888 VIA-RAIL.