How does the shuttle service function?
A new shuttle service will allow train passengers to continue their trip to Gaspé (round trip). These shuttles are only available upon reservation.
Purchase your train and shuttle service tickets together on the VIA Rail website or by telephone at 1 888 VIA-RAIL.
When you purchase your VIA Rail train ticket, just enter the name of one of the municipalities on the Gaspé Peninsula where the shuttle stops and then purchase your train ticket and shuttle ticket at the same time.
Please arrive at the stop 20 minutes in advance and have your previously purchased shuttle and train tickets on hand.
When will this service be available?
The shuttle service to the VIA Rail train station in Campbellton is a pilot project for the holiday season.
The shuttle from Gaspé to Campbellton (train to Quebec and Montreal) will be available on the following dates:
- Wednesday, December 19
- Friday, December 21
- Sunday, December 23
- Wednesday, December 26
- Friday, December 28
- Sunday, December 30
- Wednesday, January 2
- Friday, January 4
The shuttle from Campbellton to Gaspé (train from Quebec and Montreal) will be available on the following dates:
- Tuesday, December 20
- Satuday, December 22
- Monday, December 24
- Thursday, December 27
- Saturday, December 29
- Monday, December 31
- Thursday, January 3
- Saturday, January 5
Where will the shuttles stop?
The bus shuttle service will depart from the Campbellton train station (New Brunswick) and will stop at the following locations:
- Nouvelle: Dépanneur Pharillon 2000 (131 Route 132 East)
- Carleton-sur-Mer: Dépanneur Pétro-Canada (549 Perron Boulevard)
- New Richmond: Dépanneur Pétro-Canada (375 Route 132 West)
- Caplan: Garage Esso Rivière Caplan (301 Perron Boulevard West)
- Bonaventure: Dépanneur Irving Couche-Tard (102 Avenue Port-Royal)
- New Carlisle: Dépanneur Pétro-Canada (200 Boulevard Gérard-D.-Lévesque)
- Port-Daniel: Restaurant l’Étale (542 Route 132)
- Chandler: Dépanneur Irving Couche-Tard (519 Boulevard René-Lévesque West)
- Grande-Rivière: Restaurant Le Coq d’Or (1173 Grande-Allée East)
- Cap-d’Espoir: Dépanneur Pétro-Canada – Marché Richelieu (1359 Route 132 West)
- Barachois (Percé): Magasin général Thompson (1083 Route 132)
- Gaspé: Dépanneur Irving Couche-Tard (31 Boulevard York East)
The RÉGÎM shuttles that are synchronized with the train schedule apply the same baggage policy as VIA Rail, with the exception of oversized objects which are not accepted aboard the shuttles.
In the case of a winter storm, if it becomes dangerous to travel, it is possible that the shuttle could be cancelled or modified for security reasons. In such a case, the RÉGÎM cannot be held responsible for any expenses incurred due to the interruption of service.
For more information, visit the VIA Rail website or call 1 888 VIA-RAIL.