Changes on Orléans Express network starting July 3, 2016
Here are the changes happening in the Gaspésie peninsula:
- You are able to travel from Montréal/Québec city to Gaspésie during the day.
- Orléans Express is now serving Gaspé via Percé.
- Addition of a stop in Percé, Port-Daniel, New Richmond and Cap-Chat.
How do the shuttles work?
- Call 1-877-521-0841 or complete the form available here, at least 24 hours in advance, to reserve your seat on the RÉGÎM shuttle. Remember to reserve the shuttle for your return trip.
- The RÉGÎM dispatch service will confirm your shuttle reservation and the place where you will get the shuttle.
- Plan your travel with Orléans Express and, preferably, buy your ticket online.
- Get ready about 5 minutes before the arrival time of the shuttle. Have $4 in cash on hand or 1 RÉGÎM ticket.
- The shuttle will arrive and will transport you to the scheduled stop.
- If you use the shuttle to get to the Orléans Express, your arrival is scheduled for 15 minutes before the departure of the bus.
- If you use the shuttle on your return trip, it will meet you as you exit from the Orléans Express and transport you to the stop of your choice.
How to make a reservation
- You can make your reservation by calling 1-877-521-0841 or click here.
- This telephone service is available from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays.
- Reserving the shuttle is distinct from booking your trip with Orléans Express. You must reserve your trip with Orléans Express separately.
Where do the shuttles stop?
Shuttle buses stop at all the same stops as regular public transit routes.
Can I get service in my municipality?
The shuttle service provides the entire Gaspé region with access to nearby transportation. All municipalities in the Gaspé located along Route 132 are serviced either by Orléans Express or by RÉGÎM.
How many bags can I bring with me?
- On the shuttles, the RÉGÎM applies the same luggage policy as Orléans Express to facilitate the transition from one service to another. Thus, on board RÉGÎM shuttles, each passenger can bring 2 checked bags and 1 carry-on bag.
- This exception only applies to shuttles connecting with Orléans Express.
- On regular RÉGÎM routes, luggage is limited and must either rest in your lap or be stowed under your seat.
Can I transport my bike?
Yes. You can transport your bike on RÉGÎM shuttles and the Orléans Express. To transport your bike, you must comply with the Orléans Express Bicycle Transport Policy. The box containing your bike counts as one checked baggage on board the RÉGÎM shuttle.
Who has access to this service?
Shuttles are available to all customers.
Is the service available to disabled people?
People with reduced mobility have access to the shuttle service. The vehicles provide accessible transportation to people in wheelchairs.
The shuttles are governed by the policies and regulations of the Régie intermunicipale de transport. The User’s Guide applies to the shuttles, except for policies concerning luggage.